Est. 1941


Cafe Grumpy • New York, NY

Saturday, January 18, 2014


Date: 11-09-12
Location: New York, NY.
Photography by: Luis Valdizon
Words by: M.L. Morris & Luis Valdizon

It was a chilly afternoon in Manhattan and my first time visiting SoHo. David, Bill and I were traveling to Cafe Grumpy to meet their long-time friend Elizabeth, who runs a superb site called The Coffee Experiment that I've coincidentally been following from my hometown of Vancouver. She's one of the most elegant and incredibly talented people I have had the privilege of being introduced to via David. Our meeting at Cafe Grumpy was her idea and although I knew very little about the cafe, I couldn't help but be excited. She is constantly visiting some of the most prestigious coffee establishments across the globe, so I knew we were in for a treat. We ordered cappuccinos made from a batch of espresso beans from El Salvador, if my memory serves me correct. All except for Bill, who ordered his usual: a black drip coffee. We sat down, sipped our drinks and took in the ambience of Grumpy's private outdoor patio. The cold didn't seem to bother any of us. At some point amidst our conversations, Elizabeth debuted her beautiful engagement ring to us, which has since been worn with a white dress and received a gold companion. Moments like this paired with excellent coffee, autumn colors, crisp air and the New York City backdrop are ones I'll never forget. I couldn't have asked for a more picturesque afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment