Est. 1941


Vancouver, BC • Culprit Coffee Co.

Friday, August 23, 2013

Location: 2028 Vine Street Vancouver, BC V6K 3K1
Date: 10-19-12
Words and photography by: Luis Valdizon
Website: culpritcoffee.com

On West 4th Avenue in the heart of the Kitsilano neighborhood of Vancouver, BC, lies Culprit Coffee Co. With help from its welcoming decor, lush drinks made with Fernwood Coffee Company (an artisanal, award-winning roaster based out of Victoria, BC), delicious baked goods from famed Little Nest Bakery, a thoughtfully-prepared menu of gluten-free sandwiches, soups and salads plus friendly staff, the establishment has quickly managed to become a local favorite since it opened last year. Culprit's vibrant branding and dedication to locally-sourced and hand-made offerings is something to be appreciated and look forward to with every visit.

As I write this, I feel a little homesick for my old neighborhood and everything it offers, including this little gem. Thinking back, these are quite literally the first photos I ever took of David, about 10 months ago. At the time, I didn't know that this moment would be the catalyst that led me on the incredible journey I've been more than fortunate to be a part of and would result in me gaining two brothers (David and Matt). Almost a year later, I now reside in Los Angeles where our team is currently based. I'm proud of the work we've done this far and everything to come in the future. Perhaps, more than anything, I'm proud that we can release images and sentiments from a distant time knowing that the work and vision still holds true.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the love, bro.
Hope u are well.

Glad u enjoyed your visit.

Hope 2 see u again.

Culprit

Post a Comment