Est. 1941


Los Angeles, CA • Jakob Owens Studios

Monday, August 26, 2013

Date: 08-01-13
Location: Los Angeles, California
Photography by: Luis Valdizon
Words by: David Morris
Website: jakobowensproductions.com

The importance of music videos comes second only to the music itself. I have a philosophy that a good music video should have replay value and should make the viewer like the song even more. I have been lucky enough to work and become close friends with Jakob Owens, a young filmmaker/videographer who shares these same ideals. I became acquainted with Jake about two years ago after he reached out to me asking me to check out his work. Not only was I impressed, but I saw great potential. A few weeks later, we met in Arizona to shoot the "We Don't Know" video. Since then, he's shot numerous music videos for me that range in style and theme from action-packed short film ("Flattery" and "New York Times"), to biographical road trip ("2,000 Miles"), to rap-centric and studio-set ("FaZe Clan"). Through them all, I have watched him grow as a director, cinematographer, editor and friend.

Recently, Jake made the move from Phoenix to Los Angeles, where he has set up the official JOP Studios. The beautiful loft with its wooden ceiling, massive skylight and abundant space serves as his home, studio and editing cave. It's only about a month old, but has already been host to numerous photo shoots, video shoots and interviews, including this one with me. Jake is also offering one-on-one editing sessions with aspiring videographers to help them gain knowledge and get ahead. Check out the pictures above and watch Jake's videos at JakobOwensProductions.com. Be on the lookout for new D-WHY x TCC x JOP visuals coming soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment